Mục lục bài viết
Design Technology is a quite specific and difficult subject in IB program. Students need not only passion and interest, but also good command of English and persistence in order to perform well in this subject. Therefore, IB Design Technology tutors are very necessary to assist students throughout the studying period.
🖥️ IB Design Technology program
IB Design Technology belongs to the 4th group of subjects (Natural Science) that focuses on design, technology fundamentals and global technology issues. It covers several core topics: human factors and ergonomics, resource management and sustainable manufacturing, modeling, raw materials to end-product, innovation and design, design classic…
There are also more advanced topics of user-centered design; sustainability, innovation and markets; and commercial production. Design Technology prepares students with knowledge in fields such as engineering, architecture, product design and interior design. With such varied topics and a large amount of theoretical knowledge, studying this subject becomes an overwhelming task for students without the support of a tutor. So what can IB Design Technology tutors do for students?
IB Design Technology tutors
- Reinforce knowledge of theories and engineering design process
Design Technology is a specific subject that only few schools in Vietnam provide, and the time allocated on this subject at school is also limited. Meanwhile, self-study at home is also very difficult as students struggle with reading comprehension of the theories and the engineering design process.
Therefore, most students studying this subject need support from after school tutoring centers. In Vietnam, tutors teaching IB Design Technology play a very important role. With their experience and teaching methods, they can help students thoroughly understand the process and apply those into the design works.
- Support students with English skills
Another challenging problem at the beginning is the foreign language barrier. For those who have been attending international schools since childhood, English or IB format are not big obstacles.
However, if you are a student who has just transferred from a Vietnamese school to an international school or just gone abroad, IB will not be familiar at all. Moreover, Design Technology can also puzzle students with technical vocabulary.
This barrier affects not only students but also tutors. In the case of Vietnamese programs, it does not take much time to find a reputable tutor. But for IB Design Technology tutors, in addition to profound knowledge about this subject, the ability to support students with English is also an essential requirement.
- A source of motivation and inspiration
Design Technology is the choice of only a few students, and those who have chosen this subject must have passion and interest in the field of design and engineering. Therefore, the above topic sounds quite contradictory at first as the students already have their own motivation to study.
However, grading and exams of this subject are specifically hard. This is the subject with the lowest percentage of students scoring 7, therefore earning scores that can impress universities requires great perseverance.
Furthermore, students who have already studied this subject said that the process of taking the tests was extremely exhausting and tiring. As a result, students can easily become demotivated, leading to a sharp decrease in learning efficiency. Therefore, a good Design Technology tutor also needs to help his student maintain a high level of inspiration and passion, along with motivating the student throughout the 2-year-period of study so as to achieve the highest score.
👨🏻💻 Online IB Design Technology Tutors
- IB Design technology is a subject that is related to design, as the name suggests. Although, this subject has a direct connection with the science field. We have Online IB Design Technology Tutors Who are dedicated to this subject Only.
- IBO introduced IB Design Technology for the students in the Diploma year program to enrich analytical skills.
- IB Design Technology Tuition is necessary to tackle the conflicts that students might be having in studying this subject.
- Additionally, IB DT Tutors help students to become critical thinkers, confident, and obedient learners.
- Although, this subject helps our nation to develop and innovate itself as per the time. Our IB Online Design Technology Tutors are well qualified and experienced.
The primary purpose of introducing IB Design technology for the student is to enhance the skills to use the existing and upcoming technologies. Therefore, students will get able to invent products, services, and systems.
📱 Course program
This course is standard for all the students in both HL and SL.
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Resource management and sustainable production
- Raw material to the final product
- Innovation and design
- Classic design
🌐 Specified topics for HL students
IB Design Technology HL is much more complex than the SL students. Therefore, the content has been extended furtherly to deepen the understanding of the concepts. The extended range is for the enhancement of the aspects of innovations.
- User-centered design (UCD)
- Innovation and markets
- Commercial production
IB Design Technology is a subject that helps students acquire different types of skills. This is the subject that is enriched with the number of skills in it. Our IB Design Technology Tutors focus on:
- Being Investigative
- Testing and evolution
- Design development
- Design thinking
- Critical thinking
👩🏼💻 Pattern of assessment
Whether they are of HL/SL, all the students should create a design project as an internal assessment. This internal assessment consists of 40% of their marks in their final examination. These assessments are introduced for the enrichment of the various skills in the students.
On creating a project as an internal assessment, students must identify the problems and find the solutions. The project should be based on these criteria:
- Conceptual design
- Testing and evolution
- Development of detailed design
- Analysis of a design opportunity
At HL, students have to focus on the extended criteria as well:
- Making choices for commercial production
- Detailed development of a commercial product
The external assessment for the HL students is divided among three papers:
- Paper1:- contains multiple-choice questions. having weightage of 20%
- Paper2:- contains databased short answers and extended questions. Having weightage of 20%.
- Paper3:- contains structured questions. Having weightage of 20%.
🤖 How our IB Design Technology tutors are helpful
- We provide well-qualified and experienced IB Tutors.
- Provide worksheets to the students regularly.
- It helps you to explore the concepts at different levels for better understanding.
- Guide students to dive deep into the field of technology and enrich their skills for better learning.
- Teach them to approach strange things by exploring different ideas and opportunities.
Besides this, IB Elite Tutor also offers tutoring for all other major IB subjects like: IB Mathematics HL & SL, IB Physics HL & SL, IB Chemistry HL & SL, IB Biology HL & SL, IB Economics HL & SL, IB Business Management HL & SL, etc.
🔮 A few Notable Features of IB Elite Tutors
- Almost all subject tutoring available at one place
- Experienced and qualified IB school teachers available for tutoring
- Notes, PDF, Animations and Video Lectures for all difficult concepts
- 24*7 availability during examination times
- Parent engagement, Mock tests and Past paper solving
🚀 IB Design Technology IA Tutors
IB Design Technology Tutors Online are capable teachers who can guide you to score a perfect grade in your IB DT IA. In our One-On-One zoom classes, our IB DT Tutors guide you to:
- Select a topic for your IA
- Know IB IA structure
- Anaylise and collect data, and tools to do the related calculation
- Understand IB rubrics and evaluation process
- Make your work more presentable by explaining previous IAs to you