Business is a vast and diverse field, encompassing many different industries such as finance, accounting, marketing, and management. In recent years, business has become increasingly popular and attractive to high school students. This is evident in the increasing number of high school students who register for the economics block in university and college entrance exams.
To help high school students gain basic knowledge of business, many high schools in Vietnam have begun to introduce business subjects into their curriculum. These subjects are typically taught in the economics block, but they can also be taught in other blocks, depending on the needs of students and schools.
Business subjects in high school typically cover the following content:
- Microeconomics: This subject provides students with basic knowledge of the market economy, including concepts such as supply and demand, prices, and profits.
- Macroeconomics: This subject provides students with an overview of the national economy, including concepts such as GDP, inflation, and unemployment.
- Management: This subject provides students with knowledge of how to manage a business, including topics such as leadership, planning, organization, operation, and control.
- Business finance: This subject provides students with knowledge of how to manage the finances of a business, including topics such as accounting, financial analysis, and budgeting.
- Accounting: This subject provides students with knowledge of how to record, summarize, and analyze business transactions.
- Marketing: This subject provides students with knowledge of how to market products/services for businesses, including topics such as market research, product positioning, advertising, and sales.
Learning business subjects in high school offers students many benefits, including:
- Helping students understand business operations better.
- Helping students develop skills essential for studying and working in the business field, such as logical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Helping students have a clearer career orientation.
If you are interested in the business field, then learning business subjects in high school is a great choice. These subjects will help you equip the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the future.
Here are some tips for high school students who want to take business subjects:
- Learn about the curriculum of business subjects before registering for them.
- Consult with teachers, friends, and family to make the best choice for yourself.
- Actively participate in extracurricular activities, clubs, and groups related to business to gain more opportunities to learn and experience the real world.
I hope the information above will be helpful for high school students in choosing and studying business subjects in high school.